Monday, February 23, 2009

The Memory Pic of the Week!!!

Alexander the Funny

I was reviewing past picture files on my computer this evening and I ran across this wonderful picture of my first grandson, Alexander, Alley for short. He was born emergently via crash induction at 28 weeks gestation as my daughter had developed severe eclampsia which lead to heart failure. We were terrified as they ran my daughter back to the OR for her C-Section. Being a nurse, I knew the mortality of congestive heart failure, especially in a 20 year old woman. It did not help that the anesthesiologist had a look of fear on his face. I kept pushing away the tears and the fear that I might loose my beloved daughter and/or my first grand baby. I would never ever be able to find the words to describe that type of devastating pain. Finally, the doctor came out of surgery and said that Alex weighed 2 pounds, 13 ounces and was doing well. The doctor nicknamed him feisty as he came out screaming. Katie was taken to ICU and also did well. By the grace of God, they both recovered. Looking at these older pictures takes me back to those earlier days. I am able to super impose such happiness & joy over the frightening childbirth events. Looking back makes me feel so blessed but also sentimental. Alley is growing up into an incredible little boy. Where did those years go?

Next month Alley turns 4 years old. It is so hard to believe. It seems like just yesterday that I took this pic. This picture is my memory pic of the week. It was taken when Alley was about a year old at my home. He was so tiny yet so animated and funny. I wonder what he was thinking when I took this picture. Was it surprise? Was it anger? He has never stopped amazing me by his intelligence and his funny faces. I love him dearly.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Oh now you are gonna just make me cry! LOL. That is such a cute picture. :-)